Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Personal Ranting

This time I can't bersabar anymore. To me, it is unethical to photograph a dead body (in Malay, it is seen as 'not respecting the arwah'). Two photographers from Bernama TV was busy covering the story during majlis pengebumian. At first they were decent, until the corpse arrived from KLIA sometime around 11-ish. They were busy photographing the keranda and totally disrespected the family's wish (no photographing the corpse, please..).

The corpse arrived in something I like to imagine as carbon freeze in Star Wars, hehe. It is actually a metal keranda, tightly sealed and wrapped, inside and outside. When they wanted to open the coffin, everyone was anxious to see how he looks like, especially kids. During that time lah, the two photographers was again busy taking pictures. Again, the family told them no to do so. And finally they show some sign of understanding. But not for long. They again snap snap here and there. I said to them, "Abang berdua, boleh keluar tak dari surau kalau susah sangat nak dengar kata?".

...After that then they realized that this is actually a sensitive issue. Bodoh punya orang lah.

So half of my day was spent at Nublan's house, met up some friends. I met an unexpected person, in an unexpected event. His name is Faiz, long-lost friend since Standard 5. Oh man, he is now good-looking guy with the same mata sepet I know. At least good thing do happens, anywhere..

Alhamdulillah, everything ran smoothly. Today I lost a friend and found a new friend, but he will be remembered. Semoga peristiwa ini membawa seribu satu hikmah. Amin.

No comments:

Followers